By the end of 1876, two more water tanks were added, to a total of 4. The turntable was also rebuilt.
The UM&M dump in the cut fell down and was removed.
The new roundhouse is now complete. The plan was to next replace the old roundhouse with 4 stalls that matched the new ones, but the declining revenues of the Comstock put this plan on hold.
Finally, a tunnel was built in the cut under the Chollar dump trestle, allowing tailings to be dropped over the tracks.