Stub Switches in T:ANE

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
hminky

Stub Switches in T:ANE

Post by hminky »

The old lefts and rights work but the three-way and Wye error out.

Will you be fixing them.

Thank you
Harold
Pencil
Site Admin

Re: Stub Switches in T:ANE

Post by Pencil »

The right and left finally do work as of this latest RC (yay!). The other two have a script error, but once that is fixed, they should also work. Unfortunately, I'm going to need to updated them to build 2.9 to get the fix on the DLS, and if I'm doing that, I'd like to update the detail to match the more modern tracks - probably by converting the more modern track to TANE standards (separate rail, tie, spike meshes, etc) and build the junction with those parts.
The texture replacement seems to be causing a pretty significant performance impact, so I'll likely drop that part, at least for now. My long-term hope is that N3V will upgrade the automagic junctions to support stub switches, which will automatically merge different track / ballast types.

In the short term, however, here are the Y and 3-way switches with the scripts fixed: http://carsoncarshops.com/files/stubz.cdp

Curtis
hminky

Post by hminky »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thank you, Curtis!!!!

Am happy with the old track.

Harold
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

OK, in this case, it probably makes sense to leave the models and textures as-is. So, I've updated the config to pass the DLS error-checking, and have uploaded these two switches. Hopefully they'll be available on the DLS in a couple of days.

Curtis

91 faulty-in-TANE assets to go :)