V & T route progress

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
Pencil
Site Admin

V & T route progress

Post by Pencil »

Started work on Minden. I have the track laid out to the 1916 map. There's another siding that shows up in a Sanborn map and at least one photo that still needs to be added.
The streets are also laid out, and I've started on the park and the flour mill.....

Colorado76

Re: V & T route progress

Post by Colorado76 »

Looking good Curtis!

Looking forward to more progress on the V&T.
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Minden is growing.....

Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

And progressing.....
Trainboi

Post by Trainboi »

That's looking great!
I will definitely be getting TANE before too long, it looks like it's finally getting towards what I properly want from a new version of Trainz. That and I really want some of the VR stock Zec built for it...
...and it would be a real pity if I couldn't use the V&T when it finally gets done. :lol:
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

lol - assuming I ever finish this :)
Trainboi

Post by Trainboi »

If you don't, I'm sure some others of us would happily take it on.
Colorado76

Post by Colorado76 »

Minden is looking great Curtis! Looking forward to progress as always! Do you have most of the track work done for the V&T?
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

No, just bits and pieces. Perhaps after I've recovered from this year's V&T convention and have cleared a couple other projects from my plate, I'll try and get the track for the entire route completed.
And yes, if anyone else wants to work on this route, they are more than welcome. I end up spending most of my time making things for the route instead of working on the route itself :)

Curtis
Trainboi

Post by Trainboi »

Heh. I probably wouldn't be the person to help on the route, although it could be ideal to have a team working on this. In any case, it looks brilliant and I look forward to talking more with you in person at the conference. :D
Colorado76

Post by Colorado76 »

Curtis, Thank you for the update! Hopefully the convention helps shed light on your questions and give you more information! Say do you present this project to the convention?

I would also not be of help either, but I could do route building work... I have no idea how to 3-D model yet. Besides I have my plate full rebuilding the entire D&RGW in Trainz :D I probably will be in the same boat as you and it will probably never be finished, but it is a blast to do!

Take care and best of luck with your endeavors!
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

I'm not particular either way - I'm having fun building at my own pace; but also don't mind working with others to actually finish something :)
I tend to get more information at these conferences than I can use; for example, I only recently upgraded a mogul to take advantage of information I got several years ago. I still have the rest of the moguls to update - hopefully it won't be another couple years to get them done.

Yes, I'll be presenting an illustrated (via Trainz) history of Minden; from the formation of the town in 1906 with the coming of the railroad through the abandonment of the railroad in 1950.

I'm a little nervous about how it will turn out; to get the entire town in, I have to zoom fairly far out. I'm hoping at least some detail will still be visible and I won't be talking about a bunch of tiny dots......

Curtis
Colorado76

Post by Colorado76 »

Hello Curtis,

Sorry for the delay, I have been terribly busy here as of late with life.

I would be game to be of help to you if you needed it. I would be able to help with the route stuff such as track work, buildings and general route building projects.

Hopefully your time at the V&T convention was of great learning and that your presentation went well!

I have finally been able to update Tane to the latest build after waiting for two weeks for the hotfix patch to arrive by mail and then added the other update to make it current with build 78660. And I am happy with the results.... now the task begins to import my routes and content into Tane :shock:

Looking forward to updates as always Curtis!

Thank you,

Ethan
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Sounds good - I'll try and put together a package to upload, for anyone that wants mess around with it, though it likely won't be immediately :)
On the presentations, I've finally uploaded them to the new presentations page.

Curtis
Colorado76

Post by Colorado76 »

Curtis,

Thank you for the updates. Your presentations are excellent, and I enjoyed looking at them. You have done well with your work on the V&T thus far, keep up the dedication and work!

Ethan