Coming Soon - Freight/Passenger Trucks

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
ferroequine

Coming Soon - Freight/Passenger Trucks

Post by ferroequine »

I spent some time going through old file backups in the past month and located my collection of gmax models I had been building for MSTS years ago. I may import some of the models directly, but my primary interest was the trucks. Many freight cars in Trainz seem to suffer from generic bogie syndrome and converting some of these truck sets will open up that pool more.

The first truck I've begun working on converting is the Ohio Falls Car Manufacturing Company 3' gauge freight car truck. This would have been used under a number of early DSP&P cars, Kansas Central and other railroads. My inspiration came from the only surviving set I've found, located in Prairie City, OR under a Sumpter Valley Ry stock car. This struck is very similar to what is called the DSP&P Type "A" freight truck, which based on my research appears to be a UP built copy of the Ohio Falls truck. I will get around to making that version at a later date.

Here is a shot of the model:
OhioFalls.png
OhioFalls.png (12.05 KiB) Viewed 11766 times
After this is finished, the following trucks will be converted:

Carter Bros 10 Ton truck
AC&F 5' wheelbase steel passenger truck, as used under Sumpter Valley "Turtleback" passenger cars.
AC&F 4' wheelbase freight truck, as used under F&CC/C&S cars.

There will probably be more, but these are the closest to being completed.

As far as complete models go, the only thing I may convert fully is a model of North Pacific Coast caboose #2.
Trainboi

Re: Coming Soon - Freight/Passenger Trucks

Post by Trainboi »

ferroequine wrote:generic bogie syndrome
You can say that again. Trucks are a little annoying, and seeing how often they could be switched it's really tempting to get a near truck and leave well enough alone. :| Looking forward to these though; they'll be a good base.
Pencil
Site Admin

Re: Coming Soon - Freight/Passenger Trucks

Post by Pencil »

Those look great; it will be good to have more truck choices!