Four Projects

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
ferroequine

Four Projects

Post by ferroequine »

It has been too hot to really do any work on the C&L route as of late, but I did manage to do a test run.

In the screenshot below there are four projects visible. Can you name them all?

I'll give you #1: Colusa & Lake Route (screenshot taken near Lurline).

;)
Attachments
fourprojects.jpg
fourprojects.jpg (217.3 KiB) Viewed 15989 times
NormHart

Re: Four Projects

Post by NormHart »

Hum... the weeds?
That tender looks different from anything I've seen, I think.
This is narrow gauge right? Then the engine is new too...
Maybe the flatcar?
ferroequine

Post by ferroequine »

Norm,

The loco is new, it is based on Togog's new D&RG class 25 locomotive. I assisted him in getting as close to accurate as possible Baldwin schemes for:

D&RG #1 "Montezuma"
D&RG #3 "Shou-wa-no"
D&RG #12 "Las Animas"

All three are now available from the Download Station. :)

That said, I'll give you this one: What you see above is my repaint of "Montezuma" to Kansas Central's "Leavenworth". Also built by Baldwin to the same specifications. The Kansas Central was initially outfitting themselves with copies of the D&RG locomotives. The KCRy operated a pair of these Baldwin 2-4-0s, #2 was named "Grasshopper Falls".

The flatcar is another project, but it's something I've been working on for a while.

The fourth project is related to the 2-4-0, on the technical side: I wrote a brand new e-spec for the Baldwin 2-4-0. The e-spec is based off the Baldwin specifications and everything has been recalculated to give the locomotive a prototypical hauling capability. Once I have this tuned correctly I will release it. Those of you who have complained about Togog's "C-16" diesel locomotive based specs will enjoy this change. Once this one is done, I will go down the line and create basic specs for standard Baldwin classes.
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

I figured the flat car and the loco, but for the fourth, I had no idea - the ground texture, track, or grass didn't appear to be new :)
NormHart

Post by NormHart »

ferroequine wrote:The fourth project is related to the 2-4-0, on the technical side: I wrote a brand new e-spec for the Baldwin 2-4-0. The e-spec is based off the Baldwin specifications and everything has been recalculated to give the locomotive a prototypical hauling capability. Once I have this tuned correctly I will release it. Those of you who have complained about Togog's "C-16" diesel locomotive based specs will enjoy this change. Once this one is done, I will go down the line and create basic specs for standard Baldwin classes.
That is really great, Togog's modeling skills are great but not having good specs has hurt these engines. I've often thought that if we could see partnerships between good modelers and those who can do good specs, such as the Colorado71 and wva-usa team up, the whole community would benefit. Folks like Curtis and Terry who can do both are not that common.