TS12 Compatible Turnouts

Feedback, questions, updates on current projects, you name it!
hminky

TS12 Compatible Turnouts

Post by hminky »

Are you planning on updated stub turnouts for TS12. Trains derail in the middle of the turnouts and the three-ways only move to the outer tracks.

Edit: I was backing the train in the photo. It derails from both ends.

Harold
Pencil
Site Admin

Re: TS12 Compatible Turnouts

Post by Pencil »

I hadn't seen any issues with my turnouts in my copy of TS12, but I have seen several screenshots like yours. I'm still trying to understand the issue, which is difficult when I can't reproduce it locally. When I do, I will provide fixed turnouts if that's the issue, or request a bugfix from N3V.

Curtis
hminky

Post by hminky »

Tried them on my XP computer and they work fine. They don't work in Win7 64.

Harold

EDIT: I imported my Ozark Air Line from Steam TS2009, a version that is sorta Sp4, and it works in TS12 running XP.
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

I'm running Win7 x64 here also. There's got to be something different between our Trainz installs that's causing the difference. There was a user in the German forums that was having a similar problem; while someone else in the same forum wasn't able to reproduce. It's a puzzler, for sure....
hminky

Post by hminky »

Pencil wrote:I'm running Win7 x64 here also. There's got to be something different between our Trainz installs that's causing the difference. There was a user in the German forums that was having a similar problem; while someone else in the same forum wasn't able to reproduce. It's a puzzler, for sure....
Which makes the problem basically unsolvable

Harold
Last edited by hminky on Fri May 06, 2011 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Nah, there could be hardware differences - AMD vs Intel, chipsets, video cards. Perhaps even things like detail levels in Trainz or install locations or permissions or screen resolutions. There's *some* reason why we're having this problem - we just need to find it :)

Curtis
hminky

Post by hminky »

The TS12 on my XP was unpatched it is 46957

Harold

EDIT: Reloaded TS12 and the switches work without the patch.
hminky

Post by hminky »

The turnouts work on a baseboard but the threeways don't work on a TranDEM map.

I guess I will come back in about two years and things in TS12 might work.

It took that long for TS2009, at least I saved a version of Steam TS2009 that works. The new one doesn't.

Harold
hminky

Post by hminky »

On the TransDEM map the three-ways develop extra circles "ends" around the switchstand including a displaced white one.

Relaying them until the extra "ends" aren't there works.

Harold
hminky

Post by hminky »

Got them all working in TS12. Just test early and often, sometimes the switches don't function. I just replaced them.

That is in the unpatched TS12.

Harold
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Interesting - the intermittiant nature may be why I haven't seen it yet. I'll do some more looking at it...

Thank you!!
Curtis
hminky

Post by hminky »

I bought JVC's new tree pack and wanted to compare the trees in TS10 vs TS12. I CDP'd my route into the SP1 TS12 and everything works, go figure.

I think the problem of turnouts s having the extra "circles" is from adding extra track that inadvertently attaches to the invisible track in the turnout. Had that happen with a regular #8 when I had a problem attaching track. There was a piece of "track" indicated by a "circle" outside the turnout but there was no track just the "circle".

Maybe that is the problem.

Ya gotta try the new JVC "camera facing" trees. They don't suck the framerates and look great.

Harold
Pencil
Site Admin

Post by Pencil »

Those are nice looking trees!

Yes, there are two attachment points that are very close together; I suspect that's what TS12 doesn't like. It appears the affect can be worse if the turnouts are on a slope, as well.
I've done some experiments, and should be able to release fixed versions once N3V patches the overall problem with splines and attachment points.

Curtis